1 day PREMIUM (or less) for NEW CHARACTERS? (for ADMINS)

romanoff

There used to be such feature before wipe. (not mentioning the clan bonuses, with reputation points based on number of clan members, but I could agree server is populated enough to keep this for end-game).

Although, 1 day premium for new characters is supposed to show new players what are they buying later on, or if it's worthy enough to buy. Take it as advertising your pay-to-win products, like the cocaine dealer that gives you the first dose for free, which will get you addicted.

Anything about this? It would keep on server a fair share of the new players who just join and leave without feeling the server long enough to get caught.

Edited by romanoff

25 минут назад, romanoff сказал:

There used to be such feature before wipe. (not mentioning the clan bonuses, with reputation points based on number of clan members, but I could agree server is populated enough to keep this for end-game).

Logic is radically wrong! This only start, first 2 week 

23 минуты назад, romanoff сказал:

Although, 1 day premium for new characters is supposed to show new players what are they buying later on

For new characters only 6 hours.

28 минут назад, romanoff сказал:

Take it as advertising your pay-to-win products, like the cocaine dealer that gives you the first dose for free, which will get you addicted.

This funny :D Are you looking for a conspiracy?))

image.png.eaf032cdd89371d1d757d3f331cff17d.png dream_derp

Telegram-icon.png  @dream_derp

3332.jpg.a264c41bc9a329ac21d83b63f436573d.jpg

5 minutes ago, dream_Derp said:

Logic is radically wrong! This only start, first 2 week 

For new characters only 6 hours.

This funny :D Are you looking for a conspiracy?))

Are you saying that all new characters have 6 hours of PREMIUM features?

1 минуту назад, romanoff сказал:

Are you saying that all new characters have 6 hours of PREMIUM features?

There were changes that I didn't know about.

Now for all new accounts one day. Can get until May 15

Project gives Each new registered player Premium Account for the whole 1 day!
Premium account increases all Rates twice. (The offer for new players is valid until the 15th of May)

1 minute ago, dream_Derp said:

There were changes that I didn't know about.

Now for all new accounts one day. Can get until May 15

Project gives Each new registered player Premium Account for the whole 1 day!
Premium account increases all Rates twice. (The offer for new players is valid until the 15th of May)

And after May 15, which is tomorrow...?  I'm asking strictly for new players. Will new players have a small dose of premium? Even if it's for 6-24 hours...

7 минут назад, romanoff сказал:

And after May 15, which is tomorrow...

Tomorrow is the last day when will give premium to new players.

Maybe even before 00:01 on May 15, I clarify this question

1 minute ago, dream_Derp said:

Yes, tomorrow is the last day when will give premium to new players.

Bingo! This is why I created this thread! 

I wanted to ask administration if it's too much of a compromise to leave the bonus forever.

I am not saying you should give 1 day premium to all characters(as it can be exploited), but 6-12 hours of premium for new characters wouldn't hurt anyone. History tells that you'll do it anyway when the server population gets small, so why not leave the bonus from beginning? As I said earlier, it will keep some of the new players that leave after 1 day and you'll advertise your features, encouraging people to donate.

Think about it...

50 минут назад, romanoff сказал:

And after May 15, which is tomorrow...?  I'm asking strictly for new players. Will new players have a small dose of premium? Even if it's for 6-24 hours...

i think yes, in afternoon I switch off this premium! 

1 hour ago, [adm]-dream said:

i think yes, in afternoon I switch off this premium! 

34 minutes ago, [GM]Dream said:

Today, on May 14 at 00.00, everyone was given a premium for 1 day.

My question was... Is there any chance you'll keep giving premium to new characters (1 day or just few hours) after tomorrow? I mean, 1 week later, 2 weeks later, 1-2 months later, etc.

It would be for the best, since they get a quick start and also realize the benefits they could have later on for a small donation.

It is not such a big compromise and it won't affect server too much.

Edited by romanoff

It is absolutely stupid idea to leave premium forever for new acc be it a day or 6 h only. It will be abused and in a month or 2 market will be flooded with cheap mats and items. It takes minutes to create new acc and and you still have 5 hours left to abuse premium after that. 

Implementing runes was actually smart idea it doesnt cost that much and gives you a more room to decide when to use it like on weekend when you can spend more time. Also admins does premium and runes stack?  

6 minutes ago, deepsorrow said:

It is absolutely stupid idea to leave premium forever for new acc be it a day or 6 h only. It will be abused and in a month or 2 market will be flooded with cheap mats and items. It takes minutes to create new acc and and you still have 5 hours left to abuse premium after that. 

Implementing runes was actually smart idea it doesnt cost that much and gives you a more room to decide when to use it like on weekend when you can spend more time. Also admins does premium and runes stack?  

Do you think the 6 hours of premium hurt the server economy more than all the bots roaming around for days? It's 6 damn hours. Don't tell me that people will waste 2 hours xp-ing a character, only to farm 4 hours with premium, then create another character.

Biggest issue hurting the server is all the bots farming 24/7. An active GM and enough interest from administration could eradicate this, by checking players who bot and banning main characters too (which constantly collected adena, mats, etc). But somehow, they're being tolerated. Every now and then, some guy gets jailed or banned, in the rare moments when someone records them and brings irrefutable evidence. Knowing that the main characters slip unpunished, you can aswell not ban bots at all, since they'll simply create new bot chars, making your ''work'' of banning them absolutely useless.

It almost makes you believe that server gets its fair share of money from the guys who sell working bot software to the players. But eh, let's not point fingers... 

Back on topic, 6 hours of premium won't hurt server economy and people will get to know what they can donate for, later on. There are other priorities in the list of things to do for improving the server quality, like botting issue, not people who flood market with Animal Bones and Varnish.

3 hours ago, romanoff said:

Do you think the 6 hours of premium hurt the server economy more than all the bots roaming around for days? It's 6 damn hours. Don't tell me that people will waste 2 hours xp-ing a character, only to farm 4 hours with premium, then create another character.

Biggest issue hurting the server is all the bots farming 24/7. An active GM and enough interest from administration could eradicate this, by checking players who bot and banning main characters too (which constantly collected adena, mats, etc). But somehow, they're being tolerated. Every now and then, some guy gets jailed or banned, in the rare moments when someone records them and brings irrefutable evidence. Knowing that the main characters slip unpunished, you can aswell not ban bots at all, since they'll simply create new bot chars, making your ''work'' of banning them absolutely useless.

It almost makes you believe that server gets its fair share of money from the guys who sell working bot software to the players. But eh, let's not point fingers... 

Back on topic, 6 hours of premium won't hurt server economy and people will get to know what they can donate for, later on. There are other priorities in the list of things to do for improving the server quality, like botting issue, not people who flood market with Animal Bones and Varnish.

With party it takes about 1 hour to lvl champ to 76 and you can lvl up to 3 acc at once meaning that if you have atleast 2 decent clan members who would do the same you will have constant(by constant I mean 5h for L2 bcs people still have jobs/classes and real lifes) premium bonus to abuse for only 1h grinding xp 2 times a week. 

The only things that really new player will get from that bonus is going to be faster lvl'ing and abit of adena boost I mean lets be honest the first thing ppl do when they come to server is they lvl their preferred char and see how it feel and only then start thinking about grinding and gearing up. By the time they strat spoiling and making adena  the bonus is long gone unless they start to spoil first thinking 'I will collect mats and pick a class later' but I personally have never met a person who would do things this way.

Botting issue on this server  is  3-4 years old at least thats what I remember and nothing changed the premium bonus was always implemented later on after server start and I can honestly say I abused it every time and never bought vip acc. The rune thing they did was the best idea.

15 minutes ago, deepsorrow said:

With party it takes about 1 hour to lvl champ to 76 and you can lvl up to 3 acc at once meaning that if you have atleast 2 decent clan members who would do the same you will have constant(by constant I mean 5h for L2 bcs people still have jobs/classes and real lifes) premium bonus to abuse for only 1h grinding xp 2 times a week. 

The only things that really new player will get from that bonus is going to be faster lvl'ing and abit of adena boost I mean lets be honest the first thing ppl do when they come to server is they lvl their preferred char and see how it feel and only then start thinking about grinding and gearing up. By the time they strat spoiling and making adena  the bonus is long gone unless they start to spoil first thinking 'I will collect mats and pick a class later' but I personally have never met a person who would do things this way.

Botting issue on this server  is  3-4 years old at least thats what I remember and nothing changed the premium bonus was always implemented later on after server start and I can honestly say I abused it every time and never bought vip acc. The rune thing they did was the best idea.

I know. They do that later on to attract new players, when server is slowly dying. People abused because premium was 1 day (full 24 hours) for new characters. I am asking here for 6 hours only. Just enough to keep more new players (prolonging the life of server), eventually convince them to donate for Premium later. Win-win situation...