REPORT Solution to botting?

Gwentru

In Catacomb of the Branded, there's a guy botting in room 10 for a week now. I report each bot every time I'm there and after some time, there's a different one.  Currently, there's  3apaZheniiie running around...  They all use the same script, not touching priests, so there's always 3 priests following the character. they're really easy to spot.  Also they don't touch mobs if you hit them first, so eventually, you can stop them if you aggro all the mobs but whats the point? 

My question is... Is the administration even trying to deal with bots? or just avoiding the issue? Sure, you'll jail the bot but it's not like there's a limit to how many characters he/she can create right?

I understand that it's a donation based server, so you need as much players as possible, but why don't you just go after the main guy and not the bots? Clearly, you can see who gets the loot in the end in the logs...  Either via trade or clan warehouse as it's not possible to drop the items here and nobody can have an excuse that they accidentally found the items... 

These specific bots are all members of the same clan LAMA, no logo, just the name.  Most probably this is the clan of one guy full with bots.

Don't  you think it's time to revise the policies how you deal with the botters? (the masterminds, not the bots)

New Server, Server time 13:22, just in case...

Edited by Gwentru

4 часа назад, Gwentru сказал:

In Catacomb of the Branded, there's a guy botting in room 10 for a week now. I report each bot every time I'm there and after some time, there's a different one.  Currently, there's  3apaZheniiie running around...  They all use the same script, not touching priests, so there's always 3 priests following the character. they're really easy to spot.  Also they don't touch mobs if you hit them first, so eventually, you can stop them if you aggro all the mobs but whats the point? 

My question is... Is the administration even trying to deal with bots? or just avoiding the issue? Sure, you'll jail the bot but it's not like there's a limit to how many characters he/she can create right?

I understand that it's a donation based server, so you need as much players as possible, but why don't you just go after the main guy and not the bots? Clearly, you can see who gets the loot in the end in the logs...  Either via trade or clan warehouse as it's not possible to drop the items here and nobody can have an excuse that they accidentally found the items... 

These specific bots are all members of the same clan LAMA, no logo, just the name.  Most probably this is the clan of one guy full with bots.

Don't  you think it's time to revise the policies how you deal with the botters? (the masterminds, not the bots)

New Server, Server time 13:22, just in case...

Hello,

We regularly check bots and punish them.

If u find bot just write .bot [nick], currently 3apaZheniiie and clan LAMA is offline, will check later.

TY!

image.png.eaf032cdd89371d1d757d3f331cff17d.png dream_derp

Telegram-icon.png  @dream_derp

3332.jpg.a264c41bc9a329ac21d83b63f436573d.jpg

3 hours ago, dream_Derp said:

Hello,

We regularly check bots and punish them.

If u find bot just write .bot [nick], currently 3apaZheniiie and clan LAMA is offline, will check later.

TY!

Hi Derp, 

I know that you're punishing bots regularly and I think everybody is thankful for that. As already mentioned, I really see that some bots disappear after the report has been done. 

My concern is that nothing will change unless you punish the botter and not just the bot. It's like a putting a band-aid on the gunshot wound...  

Same guy, same room, same clan, same script, new char - GypmaH 

Shot00020.thumb.jpg.89070cc88123385dc21d373ee0387742.jpg

by this kind of approach, you're encouraging players to use bots as they know they won't be punished. 

You just need couple minutes to create new account/character and prepare it for farming... It's more profitable to invest on botting then to donate to the server like this...

I might've been not clear with my previous posts, but...

PUNISH THE OWNERS!!!

Edited by Gwentru

1 час назад, Gwentru сказал:

Same guy, same room, same clan, same script, new char - GypmaH 

Shot00020.thumb.jpg.89070cc88123385dc21d373ee0387742.jpg

by this kind of approach, you're encouraging players to use bots as they know they won't be punished. 

You just need couple minutes to create new account/character and prepare it for farming... It's more profitable to invest on botting then to donate to the server like this...

I might've been not clear with my previous posts, but...

PUNISH THE OWNERS!!!

Jailed. ty!

1 час назад, Gwentru сказал:

Seems like this guys updated the script, now he also kills the aggressive mobs :D

Same bot clan, same room... nickname: komax

Shot00032.thumb.jpg.96bc7d12465ba2502cdbcc088427dd17.jpg

Jailed!